Our mission is to help loan officers improve their skills, articulate their value and close more loans.
Why Is Mortgage Planning Important?
Mortgage Planning with a CMPS-certified professional helps you answer the following questions:
- Should I rent or buy a home?
- How much of a down payment should I use when purchasing a home?
- Where should the money come from?
- What are the alternatives?
- How much should I budget for my monthly housing expenses?
- What if I budget less or more?
- How will my mortgage decision impact my financial ability to help my children pay for college?
- How will my mortgage decision impact my financial ability to help take care of my elderly parents?
- How will my mortgage decision impact my financial ability to retire within the budget and timeframe that works for me?
- How will my mortgage decision impact my monthly cash flow situation?
- How will my mortgage decision impact my financial ability to save money for the future?
- How will my mortgage decision impact my financial ability to manage and reduce my debt in a timeframe that works for me?
- Should I purchase real estate for investment purposes?
- What mortgage strategy should I use when buying a vacation home or investment property?
Top 10 Reasons Why a Mortgage Loan Originator Should Get CMPS-Certified
- Confidence: The CMPS curriculum gives loan originators the confidence they need to be effective. Licensing courses train loan originators on how to pass the licensing test. The CMPS course trains loan originators on how to pass the real-life conversational tests that clients and strategic partners give them every day.
Knowlege & Skills: The CMPS curriculum equips loan originators with the skills they need to help borrowers:
- Compare loan options more effectively
- Consider housing and mortgage decisions in the context of their overall financial situation
- Make smarter choices when it comes to debt, cash flow and real estate investment
- Credentials: CMPS-certified individuals are accredited to teach continuing education to real estate agents, CPAs and financial planners. CMPS certification is the public's assurance that an individual has met rigorous, peer-developed and reviewed standards endorsed by a national professional body.
- Validation: Employers welcome and respect certification because it signifies that a loan originator is serious about his/her profession. CMPS certification means that you've gone above and beyond minimum licensing requirements and are committed to excellence in the way you conduct business.
- Professionalism: Certification is a fundamental standard among major professions in this country. CMPS certification is important for internal professional recognition, external verification, and accountability.
- Continuing Education: CMPS certification and membership includes continuing education on all five CMPS-skill sets. This keeps loan originators updated on mortgage planning trends and strategies.
- Coaching & Best Practices: CMPS certification is practical to a loan originator's every-day dealings with borrowers, Realtors and financial advisors. The coaching resources included with CMPS membership helps loan originators learn and implement the best practices of top producers.
- Value to Strategic Partners: CMPS training and coaching is heavily focused on helping loan originators create value for real estate agents, financial advisors and other strategic partners. Everyone talks about creating unique value, but CMPS gives loan originators the system and resources to do so.
- Differentiation: There are over 500,000 loan originators who are licensed or registered in the US today. CMPS gives loan originators a way to stand apart and differentiate themselves in the market.
- Marketing System: CMPS certification and membership includes a cutting-edge library of marketing articles, newsletters, social media content and PowerPoint presentations. This saves loan originators time and helps them to educate borrowers and referral partners on the value of mortgage planning.